SMAT 2021: Tamil Nadu wins Syed Mustaq Ali Trophy. Tamil Nadu beat Karnataka by 4 wickets in the title match at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi. Batting first, Karnataka scored 151 in 20 overs while Tamil Nadu chased down the target with the last ball. Shah Rukh Khan hit a six off the last ball to lead the team to victory. While Tamil Nadu needed five runs off the last ball, Shahrukh Khan hit a six off Pratik Jain’s bowling.
Shah Rukh Khan was unbeaten on 33 off 15 balls. Shah Rukh had 3 sixes and a four in his fastest innings. Shah Rukh Khan’s performance in stressful moments is amazing. Along with Shah Rukh Khan, Ar Sai Kishore also played well in the Tamil Nadu victory. Karnataka had a chance to win the match easily but Tamil Nadu changed the game in the last two overs. Tamil Nadu need 16 runs in the last over. Karnataka captain Manish Pandey handed the ball to Pratik Jain. Let’s find out what happened in the last 6 balls.
1. Sai Kishore hits four from the third man boundary with the first ball.
2. Second ball – Sai Kishore managed only 1 run.
3. Third ball- Pratik Jain bowled the third ball wide. After this Shah Rukh Khan was allowed only one run. Now Tamil Nadu needs 9 off 3 balls.
4. Fourth ball – Sai Kishore scored only one run. Now Tamil Nadu needs 8 off 2 balls. Shahrukh Khan is batting.
5. Fifth ball – Pratik Jain throws wide again. Tamil Nadu needs 7 off 2 balls. This was followed by Prateek Jain laying the yorker. Shahrukh Khan played a shot in the long off and scored two runs.
6. Tamil Nadu need 5 runs for the last ball to win. Shah Rukh Khan hit a six off the last ball of Prateek Jain’s deep square leg boundary to give the team the win.